I want to say one word to you. Just one word.... Plastics.”
--
Mr. McGuire, The Graduate


Monday, May 30, 2011

Opening weekend a wild success!

Governors Island has officially opened to the public this Memorial Day weekend. We had absolutely gorgeous weather, and an estimated 35,000 visitors came by the island this weekend!

Knit for Trees was a huge hit! My friend Bernette stopped by on Saturday and dropped off a beautiful crochet panel that she had made for the project. It is now on the largest tree and I have reached the first branch. I had several repeat customers: Irene and her husband (a knitting addict) who had attended a workshop in New Jersey stopped by to knit and look at the work; and Ursula stopped by both Saturday and Sunday. A little girl insisted I take a donation from her and was very disappointed when I refused!

Thank you for everyone who attended and participated in the project this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment