I want to say one word to you. Just one word.... Plastics.”
--
Mr. McGuire, The Graduate


Friday, July 8, 2011

A fifth tree is covered


Last Saturday was very sedate, with folks taking their time, and relaxing. Sunday's weather was so bad, that absolutely no one came to Governors Island... and I decided not to set up. I took the opportunity to look at the other exhibits on the island that I hadn't had a chance to see. The New York Electronic Art Festival is definitely worth seeing, especially the exhibit in Fort Jay (click here for more details).

I took a couple of days this week to install a fifth tree, and to add panels to the largest tree. That tree has a cockroach living in it, that usually gets very agitated when I attach new panels. Mr. Roachie came by Thursday, slowly looked around, gave a wink and a nod, and left. I think he approves of the work done so far. The other tree has an anthill, and the ants were not amused. They spent the day going up and down very rapidly, and climbed up my arms any chance they got to express their displeasure. What can I say? Not everyone appreciates art!





The forecast for the weekend looks pretty good, and I will be back in full force on Saturday. For the gourmands out there, Governors Island is hosting Cook Out NYC on Sunday, starting at noon. Tickets are a little pricey, and you can purchase them in advance at http://cookoutnyc.com/

Hope to see you this weekend!

2 comments: