I want to say one word to you. Just one word.... Plastics.”
--
Mr. McGuire, The Graduate


Friday, August 5, 2011

Yes I have been neglecting my blog...

Work and my age have been catching up with me lately, and I have been neglecting Governors Island and my blog a little. Our dear friends John and Theresa came down from Boston for a quick visit last weekend. We spent Saturday on Governors Island and I taught them how to knit (Theresa was quickly converted). And I skipped going on Sunday... and I also skipped writing about the weekend on Monday...and taking a short break felt really good...

But it really feels like the lazy days of summer are upon us: so few visitors came on Saturday that I started to wonder if the entire city had gone to the Hamptons. I must admit I felt a little guilty skipping a day... I will try and have better attendance in the next few weeks that I have left with this project, I promise!

I also need to report that I will do a similar installation in Vermont in early September, so Knit for Trees will stay alive and well for a little while longer. The installation will be at the Carving Studio and Sculpture Center in Rutland VT. More details will be forthcoming, I'm sure.

In the meantime, you can still enjoy Knit for Trees until the end of August.

Of note this weekend on the Island:

Saturday, August 6: Lululemon- Escape to Governors Island, 10 AM - 5 PM, Colonel's Row
New York City's first-ever bold collaboration of yoga, community and music on Governor's Island! All are welcome to celebrate with us: complimentary admission, open level classes, bring your own mat! More info/class times at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169225413144855

No comments:

Post a Comment